The following is a list of our general policies regarding our Donate A Day, Donation Creation and One-Time Donation programs. Eli’s LTD (Eli’s Coffee Shop) reserves the right to add to, modify, or remove these policies at our own discretion without notification of our customers or donation recipients.
We apply the following rules when choosing a recipient for our donation programs:
- The recipient must be a non-profit entity. We do not make donations to for-profit groups.
- The recipient must be structured as an organization. We do not make donations to individuals or individual causes.
- We do not make donations to political parties or events. Candidates or elected officials are welcome to organize public interactions in our shops but we do not engage in fundraising events or make endorsements of candidates or political parties.
- While not a requirement, we prioritize applications who are officially organized as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Recipients must be making a local impact in the communities that Eli’s serves. We will not consider any organization where the donation we provide is used outside of our communities.
- Recipients who have already participated in our donation programs must wait twelve months before applying for a new donation.
- All applications for our donation programs must be submitted online.
- We do not accept gifts or other gratuity by applicants. Any gifts received will be returned to sender.
- All applications that meet our policy guidelines are treated equally and are chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Only direct representatives of an organization may apply.
We may promote our donations through several different mediums:
- On our website, either on our donation pages, or through a blog post.
- On social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Through our weekly email newsletter.
- In our shops through flyers and donation boxes.
Recipients are encouraged to promote the events as well. Recipients are permitted to use our logo, as well as any promotional messages that we create about the event on their own digital platforms or in print.
Eli’s reserves the right to add to, modify, or remove any promotions at our own discretion.
How Donations are Raised
Donate A Day:
- 10% of all sales during the Donation Day are given to the recipient. Catering orders, and any other service fees such as room reservations, are excluded from daily sales and not eligible for the 10% donation.
- $1.00 from each “Donation Creation” single unit sale during the sponsored month are donated to the recipient.
- All proceeds collected via customer donation during checkout at our POS will be donated, minus a 3% processing fee to cover costs incurred on credit/debit card transactions.
- The funds raised by each shop that is participating in the sponsored month will be combined at the time of payment.
- One-time donations typically take the form of an Eli’s gift card or gift basket, however, other donations may be considered.
- Donations are typically not promoted by Eli’s.
- Donations from the donation programs may take up to 60 days to be processed.
- Donations are sent by mail unless otherwise requested.
- If payment/donation accommodations cannot be arranged within 90 days by the recipient, Eli’s will defer the collected donation to the next donation event.
Last updated 09/29/2020