Deli Prep Assistants are responsible for creating all the mixes and seasonal deli products we offer in our shops. As a Deli Prep Assistant (DPA), you will be working out of our bakery in the Tremont shop. You will be working on your own as well as with bakers occasionally. DPAs must be self-motivated and able to work well without a great deal of oversight.
• Review the stock needs for each shop and plan recipe quantities accordingly.
• Prep and prepare deli items for deliveries to all our shops.
• Ensure a safe and clean working environment in the bakery.
• Ensure that the bakery and deli prep procedures comply with Health Policy requirements.
• Ensure all deli ingredients are properly stored, labeled, and restocked.
• Package and mark completed items for delivery.
• Be a genuinely happy person, joyful to serve our customers.
• Be able to stand on your feet for a minimum of 5 hours at a time.
• Must have a valid Food Handler’s Certificate or will obtain one within 30 days of employment.
• Must be available Sundays and Wednesdays, to ensure all products are ready for biweekly deliveries.
• Be able to work amicably with other employees.
• Be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
• Having food service experience is preferred, but not required.