Shop Managers are the backbone behind each location. You’ll oversee your shop and ensure that our high expectations for customer, Barista, and shop care are being met.
Along with serving customers, you’ll be responsible for making sure your shop is well stocked with everything you need. You’ll ensure that the checklists are being completed and that your shop is staying clean, organized, and ready for inspections.
Shop Managers also conduct training, scheduling, cash management, and ensure that all procedures are being followed correctly.
- Greet customers when they come in with a warm smile and a cheerful demeanor.
- Expertly craft our hot and cold drinks, ensuring the highest quality and best taste.
- Prepare and serve items from our bakery and deli.
- Ensure that the shop is fully stocked with every item needed for normal operations.
- Ensure that daily checklists are being followed and that the shop stays clean, organized, and ready for inspections.
- Conduct employee reviews of all staff at your shop.
- Conduct periodic shop meetings with staff.
- Be a helpful resource for baristas, answering questions or concerns.
- Conduct hiring and training of new employees.
- Create and manage your shop’s shift schedule.
- Handle cash management and change requirements.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment by decorating seasonally both indoors and outside of the shop.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by owners.
- Foster community engagement through involvement in local organizations and business groups.
- Be a genuinely happy person, joyful to serve our customers and your baristas.
- 3-5 years of customer service or management experience.
- Ability to work full-time, including possible hours during mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Can work amicably with other Baristas and Shop Supervisors.
- Strong leadership qualities with a desire to lead by example.
- Love drinking coffee…. Ok this isn’t a requirement but if you don’t enjoy coffee, we want you to at least be open to learning about it.